These rules are in addition to the Yahoo! Sports rules. You are expected to learn them and abide by them. Ignorance of the rules will not be accepted as an excuse. This league is publicly viewable and aims to be family-friendly. The Blades league and its commissioner reserve the right to add to this list and/or modify any existing rule at any moment for the good of the league.
1. No manager shall use the name of a real NHL or other professional/minor league team for their team name. Names of famous people, characters and works are also prohibited. Anything copyrighted will be rejected.
2. No vulgar terms or language shall be used in whole or in part as a manager’s team name or manager name.
3. Team names shall not be changed once the regular season commences. You may experiment with as many name changes as you want between the time you sign up, right up until the time of the first official games that count in the standings. At that point, the one you choose will be the one you keep all season. ONCE THE SEASON STARTS, ALL TEAM NAMES WILL BE LOCKED.
4. Team icons must be family-friendly and are subject to the same criteria as rule #2.
5. Good-natured trash talk will be allowed within reason but must be kept rated PG.
6. Any manager who neglects his/her team for an extended period of time risks losing their franchise and could have the team assigned to a new manager at any point during the season or at the very least, the following season. Examples of neglect include but not limited to: not responding to trade offers, not editing lineup regularly, not responding to league e-mails, etc. If you are going on vacation, please edit your lineups for the time that you will be away.
7. Managers will be allowed to select 6 players from last seson’s roster to keep for this year’s roster. Managers are only allowed to keep 1 goalie. The remaining 5 players can be any number of forwards and defencemen. Managers may also choose to not keep a goalie and select an extra F or D. It is not mandatory to keep the maximum allowable keepers but you must notify the commissioner if this is your intention.
8. Draft positions are determined by playoffs finish, not regular season. The order of draft will be inversed; League champion will select last in first round while the team that finished last will select first.
9. All of the Commissioner’s decisions are final.
10. Failure to comply with any of these rules will result in having your team roster locked and possible banishment from the league.
11. Joining this league means you understand and agree to these rules and conditions.
Hockey Blades now has a Google + Page. The custom url is http://gplus.to/blades
NHL owners have spent over $120 million paying players NOT to play for them any more. I can not play for them for a lot less than that.— Gord Miller (@GMillerTSN) July 4, 2013
I am currently busy working on an art show and so I am selling two works I had meant to keep for myself in order to donate as much as I can to the aid work being done in East Africa.
It answers the question, “What if famed sportscaster Don Cherry was a gorilla and had his own brand of cereal?”
It is red, yellow, black, brown, ink, purple and green acrylic on 9” by 12” canvas board.
All proceeds from the sale of this item will go to Oxfam Canada in their pursuit of aiding the victims of the famine in East Africa. The donation will be matched by the Canadian government.
You can read more about that here: http://www.oxfam.ca/what-we-do/emergencies/east-africa-food-crisis-donate-now
You can checkout the ebay listing here: http://tinyurl.com/3c3g757
Best cereal mascot ever! Beauty.
Michael Jackson dropping the puck for the ceremonial puck drop, in a game that featured the Vancouver Canucks taking on the Pittsburgh Penguins. Vancouver, November 16, 1984
Those two guys are lucky to be in the presence of greatness. It’s nice of Mario to let them get so close.
Hallmark Channel - Mr. Hockey: The Gordie Howe Story - Premiere Promo (by Hallmark Channel)